The Dog Salon believes in transparency and has certain policies and requirements we maintain for best business practices. We do this to keep things fair for everyone. Please read over our policies and email us at INFO@THEDOGSALON.COM if you have any questions!
All policies are in regards to both in-salon & mobile grooming services. Highlighted text pertains to mobile grooming only 🙂
- The Dog Salon requires proof of rabies vaccinations. It is your responsibility to have your vet email/fax/bring them to us. (firstname.lastname@example.org / 980-207-0656) We will not do this for you!
- You must pick up your pet within 15 minutes of close or you will be charged a $25 late fee.
- Our mobile groomers stay within the 485 loop. We do offer a $25 travel fee for anyone that lives within 2 miles outside of the 485 loop.
- We do not offer free range grooming. This means, for the safety of your pet and our staff, all client dogs will be kept safe & comfortable in a kennel.
- We choose comfort over vanity at The Dog Salon. This means we will not brush out an extremely matted dog. It is inhumane and very painful for your pet. If you don’t keep up with brushing and/or regular grooming appointments, we will shave your dog.
- We do groomer consultations at every drop-off. It is your responsibility to let us know of any important changes in the health of your pet. We promise to let you know if/when we notice anything (moles, skin issues, lumps, etc) on your pet while they are in our care.
- We offer a 5% discount if you rebook your next appointment at checkout!
- We offer $5 OFF baths (only) on Mondays!
- We will send any dog home that is showing signs of aggression or unsafe health issues.
- Please be on time to your appointment. Our groomers stay very busy and if you are more than 30 minutes late, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment.
- New Mobile grooming clients are required to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit when booking. This is due to high volume of last minute cancelations or new clients not being home at the time of appointment. This deposit will be put towards the total of your groom. The deposit will not be refunded if you cancel less than 48 hours before.
- Any existing mobile grooming client that cancels an appointment within 48 hours of their scheduled appointment, will be required to put a 50% deposit down on their next appointment.
- Please allow our mobile groomers a 30-minute window to arrive at your house. Our schedules can be unpredictable at times. We may arrive 30 minutes early or late to the scheduled grooming time.
- We love old dogs! In fact, most of our staff currently has at least one elderly dog. That being said, we will do our absolute best to provide comfort grooming to your elderly pet. We choose comfort over vanity in all cases involving elderly pets. If your pet is unable to stand, we will do what we can, but cannot guarantee the most beautiful haircut or that he/she will be dried all the way. We will do our best and there is not a discount unless we are unable to do anything.
- You may be charged more if your pet has accessive fleas. While we do offer flea shampoo options, if your pet is infested, we reserve the right to charge more due to the cost of treating the salon/mobile van after your pets visit. This is for the safety of all the pets as well as maintaining our standard of cleanliness.